May 27, 2008

My Mother

It isn't a reading room, I swear...

Things are pretty busy over here. My mom is in a hospital for about a week now. She has a stop in her lungs due to the many years of smoking. Even though she didn't smoke much daily, the nicotine had no mercy on her and to aggravate the situation she was working for very long in a bride shop where she was exposed to fabric's plume and dust and just to get the situation a little worse the room she had work had no ventilation whatsoever!

My brothers and me have forgot how many times we talked to her about her health and how the bride shop put her in a danger situation...she never listened to us!

Last Tuesday she was feeling very very weak. We asked her to not go to work but as usual, she did go and worked for about 9 hours without stopping. Then on Wednesday she was feeling really sick but she said she must go because they have many dresses to delivery and so on. I called her around 3Pm and I said I was going to Tupaciguara, my hometown and where my brother lives with his family and I told her I was in her house to get what she needs to go with me. She relucted a little, but I didn't open any space for a "I can't go, I have a lot of work to do." I picked her up and she went to my brother's.

She had fever all day long, and it was visible that she wasn't ok but her stubbornness and self-sufficiency didn't allow her to say "please help me out"! On Thursday she couldn't deal with her breathless and us anymore and we took her to Uberlândia, the city where she lives, and she was immediately interned in a hospital!.

Thank God she can breath by herself now, the oxygen was taken out yesterday. The fever is gone, blood pressure is ok and the infection is almost gone as well. She still has some secretion into her lugs and this is the only thing that keeps her in a hospital. Maybe tomorrow she will be out!

My youngest brother slept with her and I'm staying all day long. Well, talking about being her companion... I gotta go!

9 comments:

Anglo-Libyan said...

salamet your mother
I hope she is well and out of hospital by now.

JC said...

Dear Leandra,

Please convey my regards to your mom and that I wish the Machado family all the best and her to get well soon.

Analog Girl said...

Imagino o aperto no peito nesses dias...
Fico contente por saber que a sua mãe está melhor e poderá ir descansar em casa.

Tudo de bom para vcs!
Beijo*

Noblese said...

Sorry to hear about your mum. May she have a speedy recovery and get well soon.
Take care

Nasimlibya `√ said...

i'm so sorry i know that feeling when your mum or dad feeling really sick
please Please convey my words to your mum**Take good care of yourself, friend.
We hope to see you up and
running and back at garden again.
The place just isn”t the same without you.**
get well soon Leandra mum

dusk till dawn said...

hi Leandra
Bom Dia
wish ur drearest mother a very spped recovery, she is hard working lady, hope all will go well. and out of hospital very soon. pls give her my best wishes

♥ N o v a said...

Wow, your mom is really tough! But she has to relax more! The work will always be there, and while it's honorable to do a job to the very best of your ability, it should never be to the detriment of your health.

I am glad to hear that she is doing better, but I hope this is a wakeup call for her to take better care of herself!

Hugs to you and your whole family, especially to Mama!

piccolina said...

hey sweetie , i'm sorry to hear that your mom was sick but thank GOD she is better now :)

take care of hear hun ok

Lu

Anonymous said...

Oi LÊ, acabeide ver que sua mãe passou por problemas, desejo que já estaja restabelecida.
Vc ainda está no Brasil?
Beijo com carinho
Rita de Floripa