April 26, 2008

What a LADY!!!


Anna Variani, 97 years old, just renewed her drive license yesterday in Brasil! She lives and works in Bento Gonçalves a place famous for its wine in the south of this beautiful country that I do love very much!
This wonderful lady is a star in her city and everybody there knows her and her "last passion in life", an orange beetle!!

Mrs. Variani, or Dona Anna as she is known, is very popular in her town for her social works and for her ability of working with her hands! Also, of course she drives anywhere and everywhere especially to go to the Bento Gonçalves Public Shelter where she is a volunteer and vice-president for long. She helps taking care of 60 people, 59 of them younger than her.

Dona Anna, you rock! God bless your heart!

5 comments:

JC said...

Hi Leandra, That's a sign of great spirit! Hat's off to her! May she live for thousands of years!

Living Away said...

hi dear uncle!
i do agree! looking at her i could feel so!
i'll travel to brasil in 9 days and i'll try to find her phone number just to say to her how inspiring and great she is...although i'm sure she knows that!
may she live for thousands of years!

Anglo-Libyan said...

she looks after 60 people, 59 younger than her.
an amazing woman, I hope she carries on her work for many more years.

Living Away said...

anglo, i got the phone number of her work and i'm gonna call just to tell her how great, cool and inspiring she is! i'll tell her also that she has a fan in england! lol

Christa said...

wow!!
I'm really impressed...
and I feel so weak that I already had enough from life while I'm still in my twenties!