March 31, 2008

My dearest friend Boi!

My friend Boi, his wife Berenice and babe Mariana
in Luzern, Switzerland, 2003


Ouro Preto, a great passion!

Ouro Preto, Brasil 1st capital

Baviera, the best student's house of the
Federal University of Ouro Preto!


Baviera's main entrace!

My trip to Hong Kong was just perfect and I really mean it!

I stayed in my long time friend’s house and I had a wonderful time with him and his adorable wife and his 2 cute kids!
I met him more than 20 years ago in Ouro Preto, Brazilian first capital, when I was dating a guy who shared with him and more 17 guys a student's house there called Baviera. We were in college and everything was a reason for a good party and of course a good time and I swear we didn't waste any second!

One day talking to him, we found out that we came from the same city and have the same friends and this was another reason to keep this friendship as stronger as ever!

I just love him so much!

In 2003, while I was living in Switzerland, I woke up one day missing him terribly and I goggled his name and I found the student's house website and his email. For long we didn’t talk and I had no idea where he was living or what he was doing. So, immediately I sent him an email and he replied me very fast telling me that he was living in Hong Kong but because of the SARS he was in Brasil with his family going to Amsterdam!

My heart almost skipped a beat! As soon as he arrived in Amsterdam we exchanged phones and we scheduled a visit. He came to my house with his lovely family and we had the most wonderful and perfect time ever. His wife is a blessing from heaven and we became very good friends as well.

Now I'm here in Taiwan near him, less than 2 hours flight!

I spent a whole week with them and I really want to come back and soon because I already miss them so much! We had Brazilian food, Brazilian cachaça produced by his father, we went to cinema to watch “Love in Time of Cholera” by Gabriel Garcia Marques that I truly love, and I went out with Berenice his wife every day!

It was a trip to remember, full of care, caress and love! I love them so much that I consider them my family also.

Everything was like home, but one thing was more than especial: the food! I can’t forget to thank “Arc”, their maid, who besides knowing how to cook amazingly has a huge heart! Thank you for the delicious "broa" you made for our coffee time, dear! You are an angel!

Thank you my dear Boi for all your love, care and attention with me! I promise you I’m not going to sleep out again without your permission!! I’m laughing here silly-cute!
Yeah, one night I went out and I was far away from their house, so I decided to sleep in a hotel and my dearest Boi didn't like a bit! Next day when I came back, at night, he was waiting for me with his sandal on his hand waiting for give me some "behavior correction"! ahhahahah

Well he wasn't with his sandal but his eyes were not very friendly, but as he is the most caring man in this world, I gave him a kiss and I asked him to forgive me with a very nasty smile on my face and then we went to the kitchen to have his father's cachaca and as soon as we started drinking it, our very good times came back to our memories and he forgot I wasn't home for one night!

I love you with all my heart and thank you so much for being in my life and for giving me a wonderful friend…your wife Be!



My dear friend Boi and his 2 kids Mariana and Senrinha!

Berenice and me having fun at Lan Kwai Fong

Berenice and Mariana, their cute daughter

Boi and me remembering the time we met,
drinking the best
cachaça: Duque!
Produced by his father!

3 comments:

Analog Girl said...

Tão bom, encontrar um pedacinho de casa tão longe!
:)

dusk till dawn said...

hi
to have such a caring friend and a family like that .its a mazing ,specialy when u meet in strange far away places, sure they all think highly of u, and to bring the past happy days back its the ice on the cake ,
u seem relax happy go lucky lady,
i still keep in touch with most mates i went crazy with , at school and uni ,ui deserve happiness wish it will sround u daily .keep the smile bright

Living Away said...

jo, voce disse absolutamente tudo!
muito obrigada pelas palavras certas nas horas certas!
you rock girl!

dusk you are always so gentle and so kind!!
me too, i keep in touch with most of my college's friends and i hope never lose contact with them.
i promise you i'll do my super best to smile always!!

take care dear!