February 20, 2008

Tainan - 2

It was a great weekend! After so much rainy and cloudy days I finally got a sunny, bright and blue sky to enjoy until the last drop and I really did!

I feel so blessed and protected after coming back from Tainan!
There, I was exposed to a whirl of emotions that spun and shook both my heart and my head in a great way! And besides all that something I thought would never happened to me did happen and I'm still confusing about it! I will share it in the next post! It really deserves an especial one!

Anyway, I dedicated my Sunday to visit temples with calm and care taking time to explore every single detail, every single shape of it, of them I mean!
Tainan is famous for the amount of the temple the city has. I didn't visit all of them of course, because I really like details and they took a lot of time of be fully seen! So, I visited the downtown ones and they took my breath away!

A peculiarity about Taiwan: I was told that every single village or town has their own gods, and when people move to one city to another they go to those small temples, usually built on a corner, asking permission to move and protection in the other town! That's lovely!
In catholicism there is something similar, at least in Brasil! Each town or almost each, has a protector saint that is called "patron" and usually there is a holiday to celebrate it!

So, the day was beautiful and I couldn't wish any better! It was sunny and warm as I don't get tired of saying it and the people were out to pay their homages to their gods what makes the day even colorful! All temples I visited were very well flourished and a lot of oblations were offered to the Gods as well! The smell of incense was everywhere, turning a simple walk into a dive to the culture!

It was one of the richest experience of my life! As I really didn't know anything about it, I could taste it with "virgin" eyes what makes a great difference!

Before driving home, I stopped at the sea, the China Sea! I couldn't believe I'd put my feet on the sand, in the water! Listening to sea, seeing the waves coming to be broken on its end was an amazing feeling...they, the waves, they never get tired of starting over and over and it was all I needed to hear...all I needed to feel!
Walking on the beach with my hair flying with the wind was sensational! I really felt as I were the Goddess of the Sea!

And guess what? Here was raining when I arrived and it didn't bother me a bit! What a heart recharged of good feeling and strong energy can do for us!



Wen Chang, The God of Literature at Chinkua!
Students come to him to ask for better grades!

After a long fasting, I finally wet my feet on the sea!

This garden is lovely!
People were offering orchid's flowers to their Gods
and this garden was all decorated with them!
Really beautiful an very well done!


Prayer tags at God of War Temple

Carpe Garden of Chikam Tower temple

Chikam Tower's Temple

Tianhou Temple Mazu, the Goddess of the Sea!

Art Street of Tainan

March of a God to its temple!

At Chikam Tower

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Muito lindo esse lugar,te fez muito bem!!bjocas
Mazita

Living Away said...

voce e que me faz muito bem minha linda!
te amo muito!

JC said...

Leandra, Nice Pix! Thanks for educating me. It brings to mind similar practices in India also, that is, belief in many gods for different aspects of life...but, ritually now by the majority. Of course, as per the 'wise ancients' it is natural, as it is related with time moving backwards...

Best wishes.

Mona Zenhom said...

Beautiful photos Leandra, you're cute!

Living Away said...

dear jc...
thanks for the nice words! i must confess that you let me disconcerted with the "Thanks for educating me"!

thanks mona! it was easy to take those pics, the place is really astonishing!

JC said...

Dear Leandra, A 'Sikh' in India is derived from 'Shishya' that is 'Student' (derived from study)...Man is thus believed to be ever learning irrespective of one's illusory 'age', for thesould within all forms believably is ageless!

JC said...

please read for, 'thesould', the soul that solely matters!