It's so strange! I feel as the Wednesday has being stolen from the week! Really, I did get scared when I was told that today was Friday and here in Taiwan is already Saturday!
I'm getting dizzy about how time is going fast, faster indeed!
Even though one day of my week was stolen...really I didn't see the Wednesday this time, I did a lot of things and one of them was going out with very nice people and I was able to enjoy great conversations! I have written about Taiwanese people but I always think that I miss some details or that I didn't say enough!
Going out with them really means having a great time! They are funny, cordial, and they really take time to explain and answer all questions and comments with a huge smile and an opened heart! They also try their best to make sure you are feeling comfortable and enjoying the place we are in!
We went to a Hot Pot restaurant and it was my first time there! When the food started being served I really was amazed and shocked by the amount of food! It could feed myself for one week or so and I'm not kidding!
The table has wholes where the pots are fixed. Each eater has her/his own pot and the control of its temperature as you can see in a photo below! The food you order comes raw to the table and you boil it in the hot pot and you season it with the selection of sauces available!
It was really good! I ordered fish and crustaceans and the side dishes were rice, lettuce, cabbage, mushroom and rice cake! I was told that everything, except the rice, should be boil and I just followed the crowd! What a dinner! I enjoyed everything, it tasted soooooo delicious!
And my Mandarin class! The teacher is sooooooo cute, patient and her voice sounds so tuned to my out of tune ears! Thank God she laughs on my lack of tongue skills to reproduce exactly the so similar pronunciation of some group of "letters"!
I'm taking Mandarin at Chung Yuan Christian University, in Jungli and I'm really enjoying it! In fact I'm being able to even say some basic phrases and I'm very proud of it! Tonight I tried some of them on my friends and they even understood me right away! I almost exploded in joy!
I'm having a great time here in Taiwan and I'm so in huge need of having a great time that I'm enjoying it until the last drop!
Tomorrow I'll go to the National Museum in Taipei! As the weather didn't change a bit, I'll take the time to do indoors tourism and the National Museum sounds just perfecty!
13 years ago











5 comments:
Leandra,
I am curious to know if Chinese language, Mandarin (?), uses graphical symbols and whether a line is read from top to bottom, and does next line follow on the right side of it? And so on...
I am so impressed and fascinated with your lifestyle. The food looks soooooooooooooo good I could grab it in the photo.
As for the language, congrats! on taking on such a complex language. It keeps the synapses busy in the brain doesn't it?
Great post!
Marian
dear jc
the language here in taiwan is mandarin and i'm learning "only" to speak for now what is really crazy! my teacher is a musician, so she is very tuned and i'm not!
they use graphical symbols and they can read top to bottom and left to right.
the characters takes time to learn, so i'm learning "pinyin" that is mandarin written with latin letters!
hi marian!
wow, your comment made my day! thanks for remind me what i already know, but that sometimes i forget...i'm talking about my lifestyle as you said!
the food, hot pot, was really great! it's always a great time going out here!
looks yummmmmmy! and a fun way to eat food. :-)
hi wayfarer...
it's really get together to have fun! i enjoyed every single bite of it!
thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment