December 31, 2007

Surprises of a nothing day...

It looks like that my blog has a very effective power on me. As soon as I blog about how lazy I was, I just got the power! I took my pajama off, cleaned up my apartment and I went out driving away and without much directions to get to know the town I'm living in for while, Taoyuan!!

I went to downtown and I got impressed by the high number of stores and malls just in one street. I counted 3 huge ones!! Downtown is far way of being charming, pleasant or lovely!! It's very crowed with a huge visual pollution! What I found very interesting is that is possible to find Taoist/Buddhist temples in the corners of VERY busy streets. I still don't know how to recognize the temples, but I'll soon!! The temples are squeezed between huge buildings struggling to survive after this cement jungle!

I kept driving around and I stopped by at a public park where the Taoyuanese people go to enjoy nature, since there is no trees in the city! The was a small flee market, a temple with many incenses burning and inside the temple an old Chinese man with the most agreeable face I ever saw greeting everyone that passed by!
I climbed its stairs and promenaded all around the place and then I was driving to the top of the hill where there is a very nice belvedere and I saw a huge portal that was the entrance to Confucius's temple! Wow!! I made a U-turn and what a surprise! Even though it is in process of restoration, it was wonderful experience! It's so beautiful, so colorful and so peaceful!! I loved the place!

It was a very nice Sunday afternoon!
Today was the coolest day so far since I arrived here, around 15C however it was is very very nice if I compare to Switzerland weather!! Oh boy, it's very cool over there!

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and I'll go to Taipei to enjoy the fireworks and the great party they prepare every year since the famous 101 tower, the tallest building in the world, got ready! I'll stay in a hotel near by, so I can stay out all night!! Yeahhhh
I already know that here we don't hug unknowing people greeting them "happy new year" as we do in Brasil!
Well that's a very nice tip since I use to hug and kiss everybody, knowing or unknowing!!!!

What a lovely day I had! It was very nice to take myself out to get to know the culture I chose to be in for while!

No comments: