December 31, 2007

Smoke or non-smoke?


French people are going nuts...
Tomorrow starts the non-smoke law to cafes, restaurants and so on! Personally I love it, because I'm not a smoker, active nor passive. I really don't like the smoke that comes from people's cigarettes! It goes directly to my nose letting my clothes and hair smelly!!
I really don't like it!

But there is something I don't understand...In Brasil, since the 80`s is forbidden by law to smoke in closed places! So, as in the USA we have smoke and non-smoke and it's great! As soon as you arrive in a cafe and/or restaurants and so on you are asked: "fumante ou nao fumante?", smoke or non-smoke!
Now that we have this law for so long, many places have just non-smoke rooms and the smokers go out if they want to light it up!

What I don't get it's why France doesn't implant it gradually having both ambients!?
The time I lived in Europe I never understood the behavior of non-smoke people, I mean they really don't get bother with the smoke on them, they really don't care! In Brasil we complaint a lot if someone is smoking near us!
This both ambient was a great solution!!

Anyhow...personally I'm very happy with such measure.
Now I'll be able to enjoy the French cafes for hours and hours...
VoilĂ !!

2 comments:

Anglo-Libyan said...

this became a law in England on 1 july 2007, since then if you want to smoke you have to stand outside in the street.
it has been a great success here, all indoor places now smell clean and fresh and even most smokers are happy with it, enjoy it :o)

Living Away said...

wow, time to come back to england! since the 80's brazilian restaurants and cafes are smoke-free as i said and it's sooo nice to breath freely!! because we have this law for so long, people are smoking less and less.
i have a huge family and nobody smokes!!!
french people will get used to it for sure! in spain there are cafes with signs like "you can smoke here"! they have an especial license to be a smoke cafe!