September 24, 2007

The Power of Cheese

Yesterday I went to the Emmeltaler region here in Switzerland, where the famous emmental cheese is produced! It was beautiful as usual and I was wondering how such beautiful country could treat so badly the foreign people who lived here…it doesn’t match!!

So, I’m a cheese girl for sure! I love cheese, I was born in a state that the entire Brasil knows by its cheese, and I found out that I eat at least 25 kg of fresh mozzarella per year! I do have a very good calcium intake for sure!!


Is it heaven?? I really guess so!!

Sursee's lake

Anyway…living in Switzerland for 4 years and 7 month and have never visiting a cheese farmer is almost a sacrilege!! Yeah, I do treat cheese in this level of importance!!

The day was beautiful, sunny and bright, 22 degrees, and before it was gone I drove to the mountains and the smell of the grass amazed me. I have allergy with grass and its smell but in this region there is a native melisse and mint that makes the grass smells wonderfully!! I never had felt such an odor!
I know that what the cows eat have a direct impact in a flavor and taste of the milk and consequently in dairy products! So, it explains the wonderful flavor and aroma of the Emmental cheese!

Saturday was the first day of fall, but I felt it as the first day of summer because of the lack of sunny days this past season.


Goodbye Switzerland!

I'll never forget the smell of this grass...it sounds crazy I know!

Bucolic view

Well, I had an agreeable day!
In 4 weeks I'll be flying to Brasil and all my things already shipped! For the first time I'll have no answer when someone asks me where I'm living...

I started saying goodbye of Switzerland already!

6 comments:

Anglo-Libyan said...

I love emmental cheese :o)

very nice pictures of you with the cheese and the lake.

I wish you success and happiness back at your home country, your beloved Brazil.

Living Away said...

I love cheese!! lol

thanks anglo! i'll be there for a month or so and then i'll be moving again!! i was told that today in my hometown is 30 degrees!! i miss sunny days sooo much!!!

Analog Girl said...

Isto promete...
Acredito que estas últimas despedidas sejam agridoces, pois apesar dos maus momentos, deve ser difícil dizer adeus a um país tão lindo. (Mas acredito que pior seja dizer adeus ao Brasil...)
Espero que tenha uma mudança mais agradável que a última!

Beijinho grande**

Living Away said...

voce e muito linda "jo"!

eu me pergunto o tempo todo como um pais tao lindo pode ser tao hostil e tao xenofobico!!
voce tem toda razao, dizer adeus ao brasil e muito dificil, mas tambem tem aquela certeza no coracao que eu tenho chao, que eu tenho patria e que eu volto um dia!!!

beijos!!!

dusk till dawn said...

pleased u did enjoy the cheese farm and the sight scene its looks so beautiful and refreshing i lv the country side alot,hope u did had gr8 times in Switzeland, see hello to sunny brazil 4 me,safe flight to BOA sorte,voo sequro

piccolina said...

OMG i'm addicted to cheese :S , it's crazy how i love cheese , i always ask my finace for cheese when he comes back from italy OMG it's amazing

i'm so glad u had the chance to visit the farm u r lucky " wink " lol and yes i think that is heaven lol , i would have broke the door and stole all that cheese lol

wish u all the best anywhere in this world .. come to libya " wink "

LU