August 21, 2007

Special Meal

Clockwise...Simone, Giselle, Katia and I having lunch last Sunday at home!

I had and I'm having so much fun with my dear friends! They are amazing young women who are working hard to make their dreams reality and I'm very proud of every single one of them.

Since food is a very important element to bring memories back, we made a sacred and traditional meal presents on our family's tables almost every Sunday to bring Brasil closer to us. The girls brought the main ingredient that is beans, Katia made her mother's every day side dish that is a super delicious farofa - manioc flour toasted in butter with gold onions - and I made rice and chicken in saffron sauce.

To make our Sunday meal really Brazilian the girls also made a wonderful caipirinha - Brazilian alcohol cocktail - what cannot be missed at all!!
During meal time, we were in a profound silence that was a kind of reverence for what our country, our culture and our family mean to us!

This meal had a connotation that we really belong together, undependable how far we go we are family, a wonderful family!

Everything was absolutely perfect, more than perfect indeed!
Thank you girls for making my weekend unforgettable!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Dadah,

I was THRILLED with our meal, there was a long time I was longing for brazilian flavor. And you provided that to us, thank you so much! :)
Besides the food, my stay in your place was more than perfect, I loved meeting you and Peter (Gi, thank you very much for, once again, bringing me into your lovely family).

I really hope this was only the first time we were together for some days enjoying such nice things. Next time I expect to be hosting you in my (small, but cozy) place, with all the best I can offer, just like you did for us in Baden. Once again, thank you VERY MUCH!!!

Beijos ENORMES!

Katinha.
ps: a Si ta otima, hoje vai passar o dia no Louvre! :D E espero q seu pezinho esteja melhor. Ve se se cuida!

Living Away said...

meu deus como ce e linda menina bonita!!!
doesn't matter where i live my doors, home and heart, will be always opened for you!

bisous!!!

Giselle Machado said...

A friend of mine call moments like this - Momentos de Calidad - Quality moment. A moment that we make it special because we are deeply living the present and sharing it with people we appreciate a lot!
I think it describes what I felt last weekend.
So cozy, so beautuful, so warm! Even the weather contributed to it! ;)
I would say more than thank you! I would say that being with you made me feel proud of having so great people around me.
Dada, sara logo esse pe e vem me visitar!
Peter, foi muito bom te conhecer! Obrigada pelo pao e pelo passeio de carro em especial!
Simone, Prazer te conhecer, aproveita cada momento dessa terra europeia!
Katinha, cada vez mais minha brotherA! ;) De conversas profundas a fotografa profissional! Ate a proxima aventura! ;)

Cheers!

Beijos!

Gi

Living Away said...

gi...
voce e a de trouxeram de volta pra mim um elo perdido no passado. um elo extremamente forte que eu sabia nao havia rompido completamente!

eu to imensamente feliz de poder ser sua amiga minha querida prima!!
da um orgulho enorme poder fala que a gente e da msm linda familia!

muito obrigada por ter enfrentado tantas hors de onibus, ida-volta, pra vir aqui em ver!! muito obrigada tambem por ter trazido a katia! gente do ceu, como ela e demais!!

gi, minha casa e meu coracao estarao sempre abertos pra voce!!

beijo no seu coracao!!
qq coisa grita!!