August 12, 2007

Happily Busy

From now on until October 31st I’ll be very busy and very happy as well!

Next Thursday a cousin of mine that I never met personally will come to my house with a friend and I’m very pleased with her visit. Her sister came few weeks ago and I got the chance to get to know a wonderful and funny and very especial woman and I’m very proud to be her cousin.
Even though our family is very together and that means 5th generation cousin is close as 1st generation cousin, for many reasons I had no chance to be near them, since I moved a lot and another causes that I have fixed already and I’m so blissful for that!!

So, now is time to compensate all this time apart and get to know each other better. I’m so sure I’ll get again the feeling of being surround by a wonderful family and we will have fun! I’ll post something about those young women shortly!

Just to keep a party going, on Sunday a friend that I love much, much and that I had the opportunity to share my life with for only 2 years will arrive to spend 3 weeks with me. We will travel almost all the time and I’m dreaming with our trips and places that we will visit together.

For sure we will go Venice, Italy, for the Biennale of Art and to Kassel, Germany, for the Dokumenta that is an important contemporaneous art exhibition. Also we will go to Paris and Rome and so on!! She is an art historian as myself, what means that we won’t stop talking and having fun even for 1 single minute of our trip!

My friend will go back to Brasil in September 10th and then I’ll roll up the sleeves because I have a hard and pleasant work to face: I’m moving out of Switzerland!!!

Finally I’m moving out of Switzerland and for good!!!
I just know that I’ll move to France, but I don’t know which city yet. I applied for a PhD all over France and doesn’t matter the place I’m going happily baby!!

Those 4 years and 8 months I have spent in Switzerland were the heaviest in my entire life and I had the lowest life quality ever!
I tried hard to have a normal life here but in all this time I never got accepted in a hairdresser, gym, gynecologist and so on. Every time I tried to go to places like those and I opened my mouth to ask for an appointment I got the same strange answer such “sorry, we are full for new clients”, or just a “no new clients”!
And I'm not talking here about the time Swiss officers accused me of falsifying my passport neither about the thousands times they treated me like a criminal because of my nationality and my looks, neither about the decoy of Neuchâtel University and neither about of the accusation of being hiding from the police and so on...
I, myself, needed to prove that I'm a clean-decent-innocent-honest person and I never got one single "We are sorry" or "It was our mistakes"!!

Really, I'm not talking about all this again because it hurts me so deeply and make me sick and depression. Switzerland was a huge disappointment to me...I wanted a normal life, real life nothing else! Even a friend I didn't make here...I’m not being show off or something but I really don’t know anyeone who has more facility to make new friends or to start a conversation as myself and here I just couldn't!!
It isn’t a secret that I really don’t like living here, except for the geographical location of the country that allows me to get out easily and fast!!

Well, all those preconceptions, discriminations will be over soon, for me, and I just feel sorry for those who must/need to live or will live here in this German part of Switzerland!!
Anyway…I'm very ready to start living again!!

I have a lot to do. Since I don’t know yet when or to where I’m going to move, I need to have a very detailed plan and checklist to organize everything properly! All I know for while is that I’ll sell all my stuff except CDs, DVDs, books, and personal belongs!

So, the good news don’t stop here…if I don’t get any answer from the universities I applied for until October 31st I’ll wait for that maybe in Brasil or in Taiwan!

I’m so excited about all those changes!!!
Dear God, please help us, help me, to get through everything without any major problem!


4 comments:

Hiba said...

oh my friend Leandra;
wish you the best out of any major problem!

But i Remember ,one day you told me you are plaing to viset libya.
you were so intersting to know about her..befor visting her.

i hope to see you Soon.

Best wishs

Living Away said...

I really want to visit Libya and I will, believe me! :)
I have many dear friends there, from Tripoli to Al-Baida and after reading so much about the country and talking to my friends personally I feel as I'm old friend of it!

Thanks for your visit and for your best wishes!! I really appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

You wrote: "Well, all those preconceptions, discriminations will be over soon, for me, and I just feel sorry for those who must/need to live or will live here in this German part of Switzerland!!"

Hi. Got here from Expat Blog.

I know what you mean. It's good you're leaving Switzerland for good. I've been here for almost five years, and still, I don't really know my Swiss neighbors and I've had my share of racial discrimination.

All the best in your plans.

Living Away said...

you just bought tears to my eyes dear "reader from the german-part of ch"! i really wish that i was alone in this situation, but unfortunately i have got many e-mails and comments just like yours!

i even sent letters and e-mails to united nations and i never got any answer back...

i hope you can find your way out dear!

take care and i'm sorry!!