7.7.77!!
I know exactly where I was in 7.7.77!!
It was my first visit to the endocrinology’s clinic. I had come from Tupaciguara, my hometown to Uberaba, a bigger city, around 250 km apart, where I took some blood test to try to find out what I had that was changing my life completely.
We, my family and I, arrived at the Cancer Hospital around 7 AM, a nurse took my blood out and then my father took me to have breakfast since I was fasting for more than 18 hours. I do remember how starving I was and what I eat!! Also, I remember my father’s face…it was even scarer than when I took an allergy test! A nurse came with a trail replete with 40 nails and made 40 holes on my little arms with them! Just to thing about that trail I got shivered!! Uhr!!
Anyway…my first consult and the probable revelation were at 2 PM! Even though I took the blood exam at Cancer Hospital, my endocrinologist’s clinic wasn’t there. His clinic was near a very famous church with a history of miracles and cures, Santuário da Medalha Milagrosa, Sanctuary of Miraculous Medal, I remember going there to ask for protection, since no doctor knew what was happening with me!
We came back to the clinic for my appointment! That waiting was so hard, so hard!! I couldn’t concentrate in anything!
Among the exams I took, two of them were referents to thyroid because I was 12 years old and since 10 I stopped growing up. Besides, for two years I didn’t cut my hair not even my nails because they didn’t grow either…I was one of the lasts in the line at school and I started giving one step forward very often…
I had for two years a crazy anemia and it didn’t matter if my mother even forced me to drink fresh/raw liver that she blended with beets, kale and orange juice to try to keep my red globules up every other day, it didn’t go away from me. As it wasn’t enough, I had a very disgusting dry skin, a very fine hair, a fast and clear ratiocination, and a fame of having a strange illness in my hometown…not easy for a 12 years old girl!
Oh God…even the pain I remember now…emotional and physical!!
So, at 2 PM I was called to see the doctor! My case was a critical one and the hospital sent my results directly to the clinic. I even remember the doctor’s face, seeing me so electrical with 2 books, one in my bag and another one under my arms, as soon as I walked to his office.
Sometimes I really don’t like this memorable memory I have with the facts of my past!
We stepped in the Dr. Marcos’ office and he looked at me and asked how I was. I looked back at him and I replied saying: "I'm sorry, but that’s what I came here to find out, because I have no idea anymore how I’m and I’m so tired! He laughed good!!
I was pretending I didn’t care, but as soon the doctor initiated the clinical examination, everybody could note how tense I was. When he hit my knee with that small hammer, I shot his face immediately!! I got so embarrassing but it was good to break the ice a little.
After this we couldn’t hold that mystery anymore and my mother asked him directly if the results had come and how they were.
He opened the opened envelope and took the white paper out! He got his pen and said: “today is 7.7.77 and it won’t repeat anymore ever! Don’t forget this date little girl, 7.7.77!”
I knew something not very good was to come out of his mouth, because he couldn’t take his huge blue eyes of me and I could see some pity in them.
My father was very anxious, everybody was…so, Dr. Marcos said that he never saw a blood test like mine and that he had called the hospital and talked to many doctors there and nobody ever faced a result like that. His face scared us to death, and my mind didn’t stop reminding me that I took the test at Cancer Hospital.
He kept going saying that he couldn’t diagnostic my “illness” but he had a clue that I had a very, very dysfunction thyroid and after looking at my tests, he was waiting for a patient with a vegetative life, as he reported not long that day!
Almost everything was pretty good with me, according to the results, but one of the tests called TSH, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone was very abnormal. Usually the TSH is normal when it goes from 0.35 to 5.5 microUI/ml. Well, that day, 30 years ago, mine was 1.238 microUI/ml! It’s something beyond abnormal!!
According to Dr. Marcos, he never could imagine someone living a “normal” life with a TSH this high! He couldn’t imagine a TSH this high!
From this day, 7.7.77, I started taking hormones and I need to do so all my life long what is pretty easy by the way! Just a pill as soon as I wake up and I’m done!
If taking care of my thyroid was that easy…
If all the doctors and physicians I have consulted with knew what was found out 3 years ago that I was born without my little butterfly…thyroid has a butterfly shape!!
Well I have taken hundreds of blood test until now, several doctors (when I say doctor is because she/he has a doctorate/PhD diploma) got very scared with my case, I have taken almost 11.000 pills of hormone, I became a object of scientific research and I’m living a normal life thank God!
My first endocrinologist was right…I wouldn’t forget 7.7.77!
I know exactly where I was in 7.7.77!!
It was my first visit to the endocrinology’s clinic. I had come from Tupaciguara, my hometown to Uberaba, a bigger city, around 250 km apart, where I took some blood test to try to find out what I had that was changing my life completely.
We, my family and I, arrived at the Cancer Hospital around 7 AM, a nurse took my blood out and then my father took me to have breakfast since I was fasting for more than 18 hours. I do remember how starving I was and what I eat!! Also, I remember my father’s face…it was even scarer than when I took an allergy test! A nurse came with a trail replete with 40 nails and made 40 holes on my little arms with them! Just to thing about that trail I got shivered!! Uhr!!
Anyway…my first consult and the probable revelation were at 2 PM! Even though I took the blood exam at Cancer Hospital, my endocrinologist’s clinic wasn’t there. His clinic was near a very famous church with a history of miracles and cures, Santuário da Medalha Milagrosa, Sanctuary of Miraculous Medal, I remember going there to ask for protection, since no doctor knew what was happening with me!
We came back to the clinic for my appointment! That waiting was so hard, so hard!! I couldn’t concentrate in anything!
Among the exams I took, two of them were referents to thyroid because I was 12 years old and since 10 I stopped growing up. Besides, for two years I didn’t cut my hair not even my nails because they didn’t grow either…I was one of the lasts in the line at school and I started giving one step forward very often…
I had for two years a crazy anemia and it didn’t matter if my mother even forced me to drink fresh/raw liver that she blended with beets, kale and orange juice to try to keep my red globules up every other day, it didn’t go away from me. As it wasn’t enough, I had a very disgusting dry skin, a very fine hair, a fast and clear ratiocination, and a fame of having a strange illness in my hometown…not easy for a 12 years old girl!
Oh God…even the pain I remember now…emotional and physical!!
So, at 2 PM I was called to see the doctor! My case was a critical one and the hospital sent my results directly to the clinic. I even remember the doctor’s face, seeing me so electrical with 2 books, one in my bag and another one under my arms, as soon as I walked to his office.
Sometimes I really don’t like this memorable memory I have with the facts of my past!
We stepped in the Dr. Marcos’ office and he looked at me and asked how I was. I looked back at him and I replied saying: "I'm sorry, but that’s what I came here to find out, because I have no idea anymore how I’m and I’m so tired! He laughed good!!
I was pretending I didn’t care, but as soon the doctor initiated the clinical examination, everybody could note how tense I was. When he hit my knee with that small hammer, I shot his face immediately!! I got so embarrassing but it was good to break the ice a little.
After this we couldn’t hold that mystery anymore and my mother asked him directly if the results had come and how they were.
He opened the opened envelope and took the white paper out! He got his pen and said: “today is 7.7.77 and it won’t repeat anymore ever! Don’t forget this date little girl, 7.7.77!”
I knew something not very good was to come out of his mouth, because he couldn’t take his huge blue eyes of me and I could see some pity in them.
My father was very anxious, everybody was…so, Dr. Marcos said that he never saw a blood test like mine and that he had called the hospital and talked to many doctors there and nobody ever faced a result like that. His face scared us to death, and my mind didn’t stop reminding me that I took the test at Cancer Hospital.
He kept going saying that he couldn’t diagnostic my “illness” but he had a clue that I had a very, very dysfunction thyroid and after looking at my tests, he was waiting for a patient with a vegetative life, as he reported not long that day!
Almost everything was pretty good with me, according to the results, but one of the tests called TSH, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone was very abnormal. Usually the TSH is normal when it goes from 0.35 to 5.5 microUI/ml. Well, that day, 30 years ago, mine was 1.238 microUI/ml! It’s something beyond abnormal!!
According to Dr. Marcos, he never could imagine someone living a “normal” life with a TSH this high! He couldn’t imagine a TSH this high!
From this day, 7.7.77, I started taking hormones and I need to do so all my life long what is pretty easy by the way! Just a pill as soon as I wake up and I’m done!
If taking care of my thyroid was that easy…
If all the doctors and physicians I have consulted with knew what was found out 3 years ago that I was born without my little butterfly…thyroid has a butterfly shape!!
Well I have taken hundreds of blood test until now, several doctors (when I say doctor is because she/he has a doctorate/PhD diploma) got very scared with my case, I have taken almost 11.000 pills of hormone, I became a object of scientific research and I’m living a normal life thank God!
My first endocrinologist was right…I wouldn’t forget 7.7.77!











7 comments:
wow that was amazing and i'm so glad you are fine sweetie , that is life and THANK GOD always for everything " big smile "
Po, vc não é desse mundo mesmo querida!!Te amo!!Beijosss
Ma
Dear Piccolina...
You let me speechless!!
Thank God I’m ok, in fact I’m always ok! I use to think this way and I don’t give much importance to my illness. I’m stronger, girl!!
When I found out that I was born without the thyroid gland and that people don’t live much with this anomaly I said to the doctor that God works good on me!
Mazita do meu coracao, eu te amo de montao!
best of luck with everything and inshaAllah all will be OK for you :o)
Thanks Anglo!!
Thank God everything is fine with me now and always will be! I do believe on it!:)
Good luck :)
I enjoyed reading your post. God bless you.
Thank you so much for stopping by and for your kind words dear Lebeeya!
Post a Comment