
I’m in shock!
I lived in Blacksburg, VA for about 6 years and now I’m looking at CNN all day long and watching a press conference about the massacre that happened there this morning.
Seeing Virginia Tech on deadlines touched so deeply that I’m experimenting a feeling that I have no idea how to describe it as dense and tumultuous it is. 33 people are dead until now and this number could increase since there are people on hospitals.
Until now almost 12 hours after it, the police still has no information about anything. It’s insane!
According to 911, some minutes pasted 7 AM they were informed that two shootings occurred on campus having left 33 dead and this number may increase since there are around 20 people in hospitals!!!
Two people died at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a dorm building, and thirty one, including the gunman, died at Norris Hall that is basicly a classroom/academic building. Those shots occurred with a 2 hours gap between them, 2 hours apart and Virginia Tech didn’t not close the university down. Besides, 3 days ago, the university closed three of its academic halls due to a bomb threat and it wasn’t enough to alert campus police!!
I lived there for almost 6 years and it’s very easy to get out of the campus because it is in the heart of Blacksburg, a very small town, and it’s an open campus without any checkpoint! In fact, the university almost swallows the town.
VT has 26.000 students and a football stadium that holds 50.000 people. In game day, the city itself doubles its population size and all those 50.000 people evacuate the stadium in less than 1 hour! How come Mr. Charles W. Steger, the president of the university, goes to a national TV, on CNN, and says that it was impossible to take all the students out of the campus and he assumed that the police didn’t take any measures after two people were killed because they thought that the killer wasn’t in the campus anymore. Oh God, it’s so naïve!!!
The press conference was a pity!! They have no information about anything! I’m thinking about a mother and/or father who sends her daughter/son to the university and 12 hours after finding out that 33 people were killed at the campus their daughter/son attends and they still have no news about if their daughter/son is dead or alive….
Oh my God, what a situation!! I’m so sorry but I need to comment something. I’m sure that if the killer were an Arab man, for sure the police of the USA would have all the possible information about him and not saying that they can’t identify a man who killed 32 people and himself inside a classroom of a very respectable university because “he didn’t bring any ID on his pockets”!
I fear for the destiny of Virginia Tech now.
My most sincere prayers, love and compassion go out to the victims and their families!
Seeing Virginia Tech on deadlines touched so deeply that I’m experimenting a feeling that I have no idea how to describe it as dense and tumultuous it is. 33 people are dead until now and this number could increase since there are people on hospitals.
Until now almost 12 hours after it, the police still has no information about anything. It’s insane!
According to 911, some minutes pasted 7 AM they were informed that two shootings occurred on campus having left 33 dead and this number may increase since there are around 20 people in hospitals!!!
Two people died at West Ambler Johnston Hall, a dorm building, and thirty one, including the gunman, died at Norris Hall that is basicly a classroom/academic building. Those shots occurred with a 2 hours gap between them, 2 hours apart and Virginia Tech didn’t not close the university down. Besides, 3 days ago, the university closed three of its academic halls due to a bomb threat and it wasn’t enough to alert campus police!!
I lived there for almost 6 years and it’s very easy to get out of the campus because it is in the heart of Blacksburg, a very small town, and it’s an open campus without any checkpoint! In fact, the university almost swallows the town.
VT has 26.000 students and a football stadium that holds 50.000 people. In game day, the city itself doubles its population size and all those 50.000 people evacuate the stadium in less than 1 hour! How come Mr. Charles W. Steger, the president of the university, goes to a national TV, on CNN, and says that it was impossible to take all the students out of the campus and he assumed that the police didn’t take any measures after two people were killed because they thought that the killer wasn’t in the campus anymore. Oh God, it’s so naïve!!!
The press conference was a pity!! They have no information about anything! I’m thinking about a mother and/or father who sends her daughter/son to the university and 12 hours after finding out that 33 people were killed at the campus their daughter/son attends and they still have no news about if their daughter/son is dead or alive….
Oh my God, what a situation!! I’m so sorry but I need to comment something. I’m sure that if the killer were an Arab man, for sure the police of the USA would have all the possible information about him and not saying that they can’t identify a man who killed 32 people and himself inside a classroom of a very respectable university because “he didn’t bring any ID on his pockets”!
I fear for the destiny of Virginia Tech now.
My most sincere prayers, love and compassion go out to the victims and their families!













2 comments:
terrible news indeed.
I am sure by now you do know a bit more information as the police said the killer was a jilted lover and was an Asian, as far as I know in America Asian could mean Chinese or Japanese, in Britain it means Indian or Pakistani.
I cant imaging how awful it must be for parents to loose their children this way.
anglo, the killer was a senior student from south korea, who would graduate in 2 weeks according to VT's police department.
when i lived there, there were international students from 86 countries, being china and india the major ones.
it's a crazy tragedy and virginia tech won't be the same anymore.
Post a Comment