13 years ago
February 17, 2007
I'm stuck!
I sent my passport, to Brazilian embassy in Zurich, to renew it 2 weeks ago and I’m getting pretty uncomfortable because I’m not able to go and to come, as I want to/like to.
Nothing, absolutely nothing, is more important to me than my right to go and come as I have written here sometimes. It’s sacred for me!
I may not go anywhere, but I’m the one who decides that and not a world’s bureaucracy!
I feel like I’m being very contradictory in my statement…At the same time that I don’t like papers or documents whatsoever to prove that I exist or that I love someone or that I can go somewhere I’m here begging for having this piece of paper in my hands so I can prove that I exist and then go somewhere!!
I really don’t think about having my life represented on a paper, but think about the importance of such a document just when I need it as now.
I promise a friend that I would go to Stuttgart to help her out, and I can’t. I told another friend I would go to France to talk to him and I can’t. I can’t!
I’m stuck here, in this tedious and well-feed Switzerland! This country is so claustrophobic; it has no horizon to peace my mind!
Anyway, I called the embassy and I got a very evasive answer about how long it would take to have my passport back in my hands! Well, there is no another way than resting my butt in a chair and wait… I could be “Waiting for Godot”…
At least I’ll get the pretty new model of Brazilian passport. It was completely remodeled with 16 new security dispositives because this passport is the most value one in the world’s black market. Why? Brazilians have no specific face due to all miscegenation you had/have there. It isn’t easy to identify a Brazilian, male or female, just looking at ours ethnic characteristics. It’s hard even for us Brazilians!
Oh god, what I’m doing here….it’s carnaval! It’s carnaval in Brasil!!
I really can’t believe it! Again, I’m in domiciliary prison!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













6 comments:
Ugh, good luck! My only encounter with the Brazilian consulate (getting a tourist visa) wasn't too bad. I guess if you want to travel aroud the EU or Switzerland you'll be OK, since I've never had to show my passport once past the airport. But perhaps it's better not to risk it...
wow, i wish! i need to show it, i need to wait for them to check if it is ok, sometimes they accuse me of faking my passport or that my name is written in a wrong way on it, or even they ask me why i have a original rayban sunglass.
i don't have any problem going to another countries, my problem is getting back here.
just god knows how i love to get back here...
thank you for stopping by!!
if you get your passport in time would you go to the carnival?
I hope all goes well, these things can be frustrating!
no anglo, i'll go to egypt!!!
carnaval is just 4 days and today is the second day already!!!
but all my life i dream to go to egypt, and i'm very close to realize it!!
i have missed a wonderful time in a castle in ireland because of the usa's embassy. you are right, it'svery frustrating!!!
Hey Leandra,
I haven't been by in a long while,
I sympathize with your dilemma as Citizens of Planet Earth, Why must we be subject to such primitive restrictions.
One day maybe borders will be a thing of the past, country will be more like counties, shires, districts that we can move freely across to visit each other without hindrance and issue.
Disolving borders would do away with alot of the 'terror' that is produced by miscreants of nationalism.
Call me Human first, and a Citizen of the Planet Earth second before you tag me with my 'nationality'.
Good luck with the paperwork ahead.
Sincerely
Scott
scott dear friend!! how are you?
i agree with you completely, call me human first!!!
unfortunatelly here in switzerland where UN is located things are not that smooth and racism and preconception is found everywhere, everytime....
thanks for stopping by!!
Post a Comment