January 24, 2007

Wonder years

"Resistance" by me


Quitting law school after 4 years of hard studying, changing drastically my professional life and getting out of my mom’s house under a very controversy and violent process, all happening at the same period, was extremely tough moment for me.
That time, I though that I would not survive due the outsiders pressure! That day, the day I left my mom’s house, one of my best friends were being buried and also it was deathwatch of a very dear uncle of mine. Besides this huge emotional tearing me apart I had no place to live, no job, no money and no hope at all.

I had absolutely nothing to take with me. What I had was just a huge amount of self-respect what I have lost sometime ago, but thank God I’m in a process of recovering it. I suffered a lot, but each day my proudness to myself increased.

I was hurt, physically and emotionally, as I never went before. I couldn’t feed myself for about 1 week…but as soon as I recovered, I found a job and I started again from ground zero!
When enough is enough we must to something! Rapidly I was shearing a house with a classmate and many wonderful friends didn’t let me down even for 1 second. I have all the support someone needs when tough days knock all doors.

I don’t remember being that happy nor before nor now.
The funniest thing is that every single detail from this time is so fresh in my memory. I had 3 jobs, I was taking 6 courses, I was a very active political and cultural activist and I was volunteer in an Indigenous Museum and in a public daycare! I never managed my time this good!! Of course I had time to party and to “beijo na boca”, that literally means “kiss on a mouth” in Portuguese.

These wonder years became “the” reference guide for my own life!!

Anyway…this post is not about this controversy time even it is related to what I’m living now in a way or another. I’m this kind of human being who takes years to decide over an important thing, but as soon it’s decided I don’t regret it.
I don’t regret absolutely anything that I did or what I do and that’s why I take too long to settle on over important issues.

To be absolutely sure that I’m in a right way, or at least in the way I chose, I like to go very deep into my emotions, suffering every single sensation being it good or bad. I need to weight all the pros and contras, I need to wallow it good and then, after a long reclusion process I can reborn stronger.

So, it’s about time to get into decisions that I’m ruminating for long time, around 2 years now. I’m tempting to toss everything out and start over again as I have done before. The drastic changes I was brave enough to confront, made a very significant improvement in my life and in my attitudes! It may happen again…

As before, I have nothing to lose for the reason that I have lost already!

6 comments:

Anglo-Libyan said...

you must be proud of yourself since you started from nothing on your own and acheived a lot, you are a brave person but I am not sure that I agree about starting all over again, I am sure you can do it but I think you should hold to what you acheived by hard work.
Best of luck on what ever you decide.

piccolina said...

i loved your post so much , and i can tell that i feel you !
i haven't been through alot in this life YET but i can tell that for few sad moments and hard situation i have been through , i became a strong person !
it's amazing how at moment when your so sad and broken you start wishing bad things or your feel like you can't do it , you can't go on anymore ..then after time passes you found out that it was for your own good , no matter how but it's always good
as we in Islam always say " the good is in what GOD chosen for you " and that is 100% true after all !
good for you ..keep it up " big smile "

Anonymous said...

Então mergulha de cabeça e nem olha p/ trás paçoca!!Se precisar faço plantão 24 hs!!bj
Mazita

Living Away said...

My dear Anglolibyan!!
I really appreciated your comments and the way you care about it! Your advice was something I’ll never forget! Thank you very much, dear friend!

Hey Piccolina. Are you enjoying your free-of-pressure time or you are still dueling with finals??!!
You know I’m very proud of what I’m and of what I have going through. Girl, I can say to you, it has being a lot! I do value my way of being very honest with my feelings and I stick with them no matter how hard it weights on my shoulders. It could be easier if I went/go with the flow but it would not be me!
Anyhow, I loved "the good is in what GOD chosen for you"!
Thank you so much for your caring!!

Mazita querida!!!
Ainda bem que ce existe, ne!!! Porque se ce nao existisse eu tinha que mandar fabricar uma!!
Beijo grande!!!

Analog Girl said...

Há momentos em que uma pessoa sente que precisa de levantar a cabeça e olhar mais além... Há um mundo de oportunidades à espera, se soubermos olhar, se tivermos coragem de arriscar.
Admiro a capacidade de começar do zero...é saber que não há nada a perder!
Boa sorte para si nas novas decisões!

Beijo grande**

Living Away said...

Querida Analog!!

Muito obrigada querida amiga!! Eu ate que sou corajosa viu!!??
O que eu nao gosto muito e o tempo que eu levo pra decidir o que fazer!

Um grande beijo!!