
Reporters Without Borders are calling for 24 hours protest combating online censorship. It started yesterday and will last until tonight, of course! Thirteen countries have been censored in what should be a space for free expression!
They are Belarus, Burma, China, Cuba, Egypt, Iran, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
I just found out that Libya was taken out of that list...I wonder why since there are people in jail for talking/writing too much without any nicknames, and also I was informed that is not possible to access some sites from there! Strange move!
Throughout the world, more than 60 Internet users are currently in prison for posting news or information on the Internet.
Please help spread the word! Log at Reporters Without Borders to support it!











4 comments:
i was told by someone in Libya that if you use satellite internet then it is not censored but if you use dial up then yes it is censored, like you i am baffled about removing Libya from this list! but I do hope that the situation may have improved, we will see.
Well dear,
As a palliative option it's kind of ok, but it isn't a solution, unfortunately!
I would like to know why they took Libya out, I mean the real reason!
Take care!!!
Leandra
well I suspect that you do know the real reason!
the word "Business" comes to mind.
have a good day
Of course it came to my mind!! This word has had more power that it deserves.
Post a Comment