
Today I started packing my 20 kg’s bag to Brasil. I almost cried when I was informed by KLM that I just could take one single bag of 20 kg and 1 carry on of 12 kg.
This is torture, I swear!! I use to take 2 bags of 32 kg plus 1 carry on full with gifts to everyone, even to Kako, the cat.
I have told my family about his new policy, as a warning, becasuse I know I'm gonna see some disappointed faces there and please, don't blame on me!
I’m trying to manage my pack well, because just in chocolate box I think I’m over it already.
Oh boy, it’s almost Christmas time and Santa Claus could call those companies attention!! Come on, guys, 20 kg??!! It looks like a bad joke to me!!
Going to Brasil is like going to life.
I don’t know if I mention here already but I was impossible to have a normal life here in this wonderful country. When I got here, 3 years ago, I went to gym to become a member of it and what the reception woman gave me was a look from head to toe saying that the fitness club was completely full and it had no more open vacancy for new members.
As I never heard that before in my life I tried to argue asking for the emptiest hours and the polite Swiss woman raised her voice a little asking me if I had understood what she just said. I replied with my “interrogation’s mark face” that I didn’t understand how a middle size gym had no more place available, since I was there and the place looked pretty empty to me.
She kept saying that the gym was full and I left very mad.
So, one week after that, I called a gynecologist office to ask for an appointment. Before any answer I got a question: “Are you a patient already, where are you from?”
I answered saying it would be my first time, therefore new patient and that I thought that the place I was coming from was not relevant to my appointment. So, I asked her if she want to know my insurance company and I got an “I’m sorry, but the agenda is full until next year!”
I called two more gynecologists and I got the same “where are you from” question and the same answer “full agenda”!
So, I pay 450 CHF, 280 Euros, monthly for my insurance here and I pay for all medical appointments, blood tests, mammography, ultrasound, etc, in Brasil. It’s worth, I swear!
The physicians I have in my hometown are the best ones. They are friendly, they really care about my rare disease (I was born without the thyroid gland), they are very competent and beside all my doctors are real doctors with PhD diploma.
As all that were not enough to take out any aspiration of trying to live a normal life abroad, around 3 months after that I tried to get a haircut. Can you believe I got absolutely the same answers, such “no new client” or “full agenda”??? It’s too much bla, bla, bla for me!
I live in a place where I can’t go to the gym, I can't get a medical appointment nor even get a haircut! I really don’t understand how a small town as Baden has professionals that refuse to get more clients!? I really don’t understand and also I don't believe that they have full agenda!
When I moved to Switzerland, there was no smoke free cafés or restaurants. Now is a little better and it’s possible to find some areas or some tables where people cannot smoke. Well, I can’t stand cigarette’s smoke, because I have mild allergy to it and also because I’m not a passive smoker for sure. I really take care of my health without being annoying about it!
So, going to Brasil is for me as going to life, if there is such a thing. I have my nutrologist and gynecologist appointment already, I will have massages, manicure, pedicure, and some beauty treatment as well.
Also, since the beginning of the 80's that Brasil started prohibit smoking at indoors areas, that means I’m going out a lot!
I’m a good space manager, I do know how to pack and I do believe in miracle, so… Let see if I can pack everything I got to my family, relatives and friends in just one bag of 20 kg!!











7 comments:
Based on my experience, if I were to be your physician now, I would first see your palms - to see the trends of the major lines, called ‘Head’, ‘Heart’ and ‘Life’ lines, besides positive and negative ‘Influence’ lines. I would then get your date, year and time of birth from you (hoping that you have the time of birth also recorded) and work out what time it was in terms of IST or Indian Standard Time (which according to the ‘wise’ ancient "Hindus" is related with the location of the Formless Creator in the beginning - after which 'It' delegated its powers to different Heavenly Bodies, each to exercise control in different aspects of life in each of the eight cardinal directions while retaining control of the maximum reach of humans ('images' of God, or 'models of the universe')during different Yugas or long durations of time) to know your controlling, and governing planets and the corresponding gemstones depending on your marital status, single, married, widow etc.
Although as I haven’t yet perfected it I can’t give 100% assurance, but I have tested it on many known persons that if the particulars are correct, one would observe some relief if I apply the gemstones so determined on your photograph irrespective of your apparent location on the globe!
Bon Voyage! And, Best wishes!
Thanks for posting in my blog! You're from Brazil? I've been there once. It was a beautiful country, wonderful fruits, very inexpensive. It must have been awful trying to adjust to the food in the US!
When I was in Switzerland over the summer I really liked the farmers markets. The nice thing was they're no more expensive than the grocery stores, and there are so many options. I've never seen so many types of mushrooms in one place in my life, and I adore mushrooms! So I don't call that nothing.
This posting was very interesting, I hope I don't run into such problems with doctors and hairdressers. I guess I will make my boyfriend call for me, at least he sounds Swiss.
I also cannot believe KLM only allows 1 checked bag! For Christmas too! Airlines are getting positively evil trying to save money. You had better bring your own food too (but no water or gels!)
Good luck with your travels!
Have a nice trip home pal.
You deserve a break from the dull.
20KG! that is so unfair especially for long distance travel.
I really hope that you will enjoy your time in Brazil, I am sure you will, life in Europe can be a bit boring for people like us coming from more lively countries, a holiday like that is always good and makes us miss Europe.
JC, I would like so much to send you all my data, if you don’t mind. I’m really interested to know your analyses.
Un-Swiss Miss, if you spend some time in my blog, you could see that hairdresser, gynecologist is absolutely nothing comparing to the social apartheid I have gone through here.
I like to cook and when I was living in the USA I cook almost everyday and I got about 15 pounds. Thank god they are out now. I think my big trouble with food there was relating to vegetables and fruits. They are so beautiful and in perfect shapes, but completely tasteless.
Ontripoli, thank you so much. My 4 years old niece is waiting for me to play with her. How cute is that!!!
Anglolibyan, 20 kg is the sadder thing I ever saw, related to luggage, in my life.
You know, I have some friends in Libya, from Tripoli to Al-Beida, and I call them sometimes and I ask them to walk down the streets while we are talking because I love the sound of Libya! It’s so alive and I can hear children playing on streets, friends talking. I just love it.
It’s completely different from the boring silence of Switzerland, and I’m not a loud person myself!
I like living here in Europe! What I don’t like is that I’m always guilty of a crime I didn’t commit, or being judge by the country I was born.
only 20 Kg ????i guess that would only be my things !!! i don't know what to say but if that was me it'll be so hard !!
have a ncie trip
Post a Comment