October 2, 2006

Happy Birthday!


Happy Birthday Dad!
I LOVE YOU!

02 October of 1938 in Buriti Alegre, Goias state, Brasil, was born in a huge family a very cute boy who worked hard all his life long.
This boy grew up, got married to a beautiful girl and they had 3 kids. He was loved for everybody without any doubt. He was a special man, a free soul. He got a very honest and free smile and he lived his life, as every day was the last one! This funny guy had the biggest heart in the world.

He was a wonderful father and he taught me unforgettable life’s lessons… With him I learned that I must treat people equally, undependable of their color, religion, race, bank account or job.
But one day when he was just 42 years old God decided that was his time to go and took him, abruptly.


This guy is really my hero and always will be.
Happy Birthday Dad!
I love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leandra, did you know that 2nd October also happens to be the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, considered the Father of the Nation in India, who was assassinated by another ‘Indian’ in 1948; and also of Lal Bahadur Shastri, the Prime Minister who died of heart attack in Tashkent, Russia, in 1966?!

With reference to your earlier post on LULA, as a loud thought, the desire of equality between humans believably comes from the ancient ‘Hindu’ realization of the ‘Absolute Truth’ of existence of immortal Creator (a point or ‘zero’ related with zero in every aspect) within each illusory or deceptive exterior form, and which result in the disparity or apparent hierarchy in all aspects of ‘Nature’ as per design (for the drama) – but in a dormant state within each form, unless awakened to some extent, naturally or otherwise through three-in-one exercise…For them ‘Truth’, as different from the ‘Absolute Truth’, was any phenomenon in the drama that apparently was unrelated with time…Therefore, needing at any time first a change in mental attitude of any character, i.e., firm belief/ faith in the finding of the ‘wise’ ancients, and then seeking the ‘Truth’ within one personally also, in order to be able to enjoy/ criticize one’s own role in the drama properly, just as we enjoy/ criticize all dramas scripted and enacted by ‘imperfect’ humans in the ‘present’, as was anticipated by the ancients even in the apparent remote ‘past’!

Best Wishes on your dad’s birthday! It’s an interesting coincidence (?) that we both were born in the year 1938, only 27 days apart and both have three children – the eldest daughters almost of the same age!!

Tara said...

Awww, what a great dad!! Happy birthday to him!!! :)

Hugs,
Tara

Felisa said...

i was just randomly browsing and i saw your blog

your father does sound like a very commendable man :) happy birthday to him

The DP said...

mine is the 3rd...
i like it when you write about your dad

Living Away said...

Dear friends,
I'm so sorry for my delay in comment your comments.

JC Joshi, I didn't know that Mrs. Lal Bahadur Shastri was born in October 2nd, but I did know about Mahatma Gandhi! I really admire him as human being and as leader and I do think that the world needs more Mahatma Gandhi to keep teaching us what peace really means and how to reach it peaceful!

Dear Tara, Chicseattlesignorina and Cncz!
Thank you so much for your words. My father was really a great man and I’m the most privileged daughter ever for having him as my friend.