Did you know that "The Scream" was recovered when you posted this photo ?! It was recovered only today (August 31)!
I hope that this doesn't really express how you feel away from home. You seem to have it all, looks, talent, intelligence, comfort, and probably some riches. Many would envy you for all that.
Anyway, I am a regular visitor who never left a note. I like your blog, what you write and show. I especially like all of these pretty photos, including the ones you are in the center!
I read some of your recent and not so recent experiences in the Swiss land, and I see why you are hurting. Actually, you may feel better if you know that this garbage, and more, exists everywhere including where I live (USA-Canada). It would help if you can lower your expectation of those so called advanced societies. Being rich in resources doesn't mean they are any less ignorant. You also need to be aware of the racist ugly history of these societies to realize that the way they behave now is embedded in their psyche regardless of their obvious attempts to hide it with denial and flowering language.
Thank you for visiting my blog Alex. Yes, I read that "the Scream" was recovered, but the police didn’t say anything about it. So suspicious! I had the opportunity to see this wonderful work at Brazilian biennale of art and I stood in front of it for 22 minutes crying a river because it touched me deeply! Well, the security man told me about this 22 minutes thing. Anyway…it isn’t a big canvas, 91 x 73.5 cm, but it’s so powerful and so provocative, always stimulating some kind of feeling on its viewers.
Before moving to Switzerland, I got very upset reading a book called “Living and Working in Switzerland”. That book scared me a lot and even though I was very scared with its way of showing life here, I didn’t believe on it 100% because I have a very optimist opinion about life and I love knowing different cultures and people from any nationality or/and ethnic. I’m a people person, using an expression from the United State, and I couldn’t believe that people here could be that cold or that preconceived about another nations. Unfortunately, it turned out that life here is much more scared than that book tried to show. At least for me! Once again, thanks for your visit!
3 comments:
Hi there, Brazilian lady..
Did you know that "The Scream" was recovered when you posted this photo ?! It was recovered only today (August 31)!
I hope that this doesn't really express how you feel away from home. You seem to have it all, looks, talent, intelligence, comfort, and probably some riches. Many would envy you for all that.
Anyway, I am a regular visitor who never left a note. I like your blog, what you write and show. I especially like all of these pretty photos, including the ones you are in the center!
Alex
Hi again,
I read some of your recent and not so recent experiences in the Swiss land, and I see why you are hurting. Actually, you may feel better if you know that this garbage, and more, exists everywhere including where I live (USA-Canada). It would help if you can lower your expectation of those so called advanced societies. Being rich in resources doesn't mean they are any less ignorant. You also need to be aware of the racist ugly history of these societies to realize that the way they behave now is embedded in their psyche regardless of their obvious attempts to hide it with denial and flowering language.
Alex
Thank you for visiting my blog Alex. Yes, I read that "the Scream" was recovered, but the police didn’t say anything about it. So suspicious!
I had the opportunity to see this wonderful work at Brazilian biennale of art and I stood in front of it for 22 minutes crying a river because it touched me deeply! Well, the security man told me about this 22 minutes thing. Anyway…it isn’t a big canvas, 91 x 73.5 cm, but it’s so powerful and so provocative, always stimulating some kind of feeling on its viewers.
Before moving to Switzerland, I got very upset reading a book called “Living and Working in Switzerland”. That book scared me a lot and even though I was very scared with its way of showing life here, I didn’t believe on it 100% because I have a very optimist opinion about life and I love knowing different cultures and people from any nationality or/and ethnic. I’m a people person, using an expression from the United State, and I couldn’t believe that people here could be that cold or that preconceived about another nations. Unfortunately, it turned out that life here is much more scared than that book tried to show. At least for me!
Once again, thanks for your visit!
Post a Comment