I woke up today after sleeping wonderfully 8 hours, turned my computer on, but I didn’t read any message or any e-mail as usual… I didn’t open either yahoo or msn messenger. I just wanted to listen to my musics, the musics that I thing, better, I believe were written just for me, nobody else. Well, I’m a music freak in all possible senses and I can’t live one day without listen to it. I have a kind of soundtrack for my life and it works just wonderfully. My musical memory is very good and I can remember what music was playing in the supermarket when I was there just to buy toothpaste 3 years ago, for example.
For me every day, every mood, every feeling, every company, every love, every moment, and every place I associate with a special song or songs.
I love to be related to music. I let my soul go with those songs that I’m related to. I don’t hold myself, I don’t hold my smile or my laugh, I don’t hold my tears when I listen to a special song/s. It doesn’t matter if I’m alone at home or down the streets, if I’m with a friend, if I’m driving or walking… I don’t hold my emotions! I don’t know how to do that although I tried to learn once. But right now I learned how to forget about trying to learn it. I just let it go! Just let it go!!
I’m remembering now the day my father passed way. He wasn’t just my father, he was and he is everything for me! My best pal ever! We were like just one person... I was 14 when I lost him… and… and I’m talking about music right? Right! So, the day he passed way I didn’t stop singing one Brazilian song named “Bandolins” by Oswaldo Montenegro. That song is present in many important moments in my life and I never looked for it. It knows by itself the right moment to be played like a movie soundtrack. I’m not saying that imaginarily in my mind I play it. No, it doesn’t work like this. I’m talking about mechanical thing, real music being played somewhere. Weird and enchanted at the same time!
I use to listen to music with an open heart and I’m able to feel the melody, the harmony the feelings of it. An example of that was when I listened to Arabic music for the first time. I was in Brazil, at Mr. Fouad’s house and he was listening to George Wassouf. I was with my friends at the swimming pool, having so much fun. I just left them and I went to the music room to listen to that songs. I remember Mr. Fouad saying that Arabic music works like this: or you love or you hate it! He was so right!! I listen to it every single night!
Brazil is so rich in many many ways, but it’s music is something! Every time I go there, I came back with at least 20 CDs and I’m not kidding. Maybe that’s why I have almost 600 CDs now and of course they are organized alphabetically. I’m so freak!!
Anyway...this morning I started listen to “Ana & Jorge”. Wow, it is very well produced, and it bombs!! They are both successful song’s writers and singers in Brazil and they got together, thank God, to give us a wonderful gift. Seu Jorge is something beyond good with his very distinguish voice. He is a singer, a writer, an actor a musician and just God knows what else. Well, I can’t miss one very notable thing, he is an extremely sexy man!
The Brazilian music and its singers and song’s writers have a nice process of recycling. They are born as football players there, I mean, everyday you can find the best ones, the next best ones, the future best ones. Sorry guys, it works like this!
Andre, Angela, Eliana, Haddad and his daughter, Telma, Renato and Marilia
I had a discussion with some of my friends who are professional’s musicians, and we could not find “the best” period in Brazilian music’s history. It’s harder than you can think of.
By the way, thanks guys for the wonderful nights you just gave me when I was there. It’s always enjoyable to listen to you singing together or separated. I love you guys!!
Haddad and Renato making me cry!
Every year, every decade we got several very good professionals in all diversity of our music. Diversity: that is the word to describe Brazil!
So, listening to “Ana & Jorge” I cried a little…not a little but a lot! I cried because I’m a very sensitive and emotional woman, and also because it’s so indescribably wonderful how music works on me. Every beat and every bass tone from this CD made my heart beat faster and stronger. A powerful energy invaded my soul and even if I wanted to I couldn’t control it. OH GOD, I love feeling this way!!
Keep going… then I listened to Damien Rice and his amazing song “the Blower’s Daughter”. He is from Ireland and I just found out about his work! The CD named “Volcano” is very good! I also listened to “Ophelia” by Nathalie Merchant, and “Kifak inta” by Fairuz!
What a morning!!
I really believe that music is a universal language and it is the easier way to get away from quotidian life or to travel around. Besides, we don’t need any visa to go from country to country!
I close my eyes sometimes when I’m listening to Fairuz and imagine the trip of my life, traveling around the Arabic countries! Through Fairuz voice, I can even feel the smells coming from cuscus, mint tea, magrood and son on… (I loveeeeeee magrood). The Arabic music has the same influence on me as Brazilian music.
Since I don’t know when, I’m in a very long and deep journey trying to find the true me. I have no idea why, or perhaps I have some clues, that I could find the answer I’m looking for in this trip!
I just know one thing, my musics help and will help me a lot in this quest!!














No comments:
Post a Comment