December 18, 2005

Wanted



How a very nice day can be transformed in a nightmare!
On Thursday, I had fun all day and then I decided to come back home(♥). I was in France and when I crossed the Suisse-France border a very bizarre thing started happen to me.

I have passed this border about 3 times a month and for a long time I haven’t been asked to stop. Thursday, a border's officer stopped(♪) me and asked if I had something to declare and I said that I didn’t buy anything. I did not buy even a bottle of wine this time. He was not satisfied, so he asked for my passport. 15 minutes later he was back and he asked for my drive license. More 15 minutes and he asked for my car papers. I gave to him everything he asked for and I waited inside my car for like half hour more.
He came back once more and asked me to move my car to other place. I did and he insisted that I had brought something. I asked him to open the back of my car and check himself. He did and then he made ethnical-xenophobic-racist jokes about foreign buying meat abroad.

After that, he said that my name was in his computer saying that I was trying to hide from Zurich police. What???? I’m hiding? I’m hiding from Zurich police? Why? I was so mad, however I don’t know how I managed myself into a long and deep inhale to try to calm down. I know what those people can do when they have a little power in their hands and/or in their minds.

Anyway, I asked him to be clearer and he asked me if I got a ticket there. I replied saying that in November 2003, I got a ticket and I proved to the authorities competent that it was not my fault and the "DMV" Swiss put me on probation for 2 years and it will end in 2 months. (I forgot how many times I explained to him what probation meant).

To make this long and terrified story shorter!
My nightmare started here. The organized and correct Swiss people did not send my papers from the canton I live which is Aargau to the Zurich’s canton where I got the fine. It was 2003!!!
As it wasn't enough, somebody from some office just inverted the order of my name and that clever officer spent more than 30 minutes trying to get myself in huge trouble saying that my name was wrong in my passport, in my Swiss drive license, in my USA driving license and in my Brazilian driving license! How came??? Oh yeah!! They don’t make a mistake. Stupid me!!

Resuming… I’m huge trouble right now. My name is on WANTED list!!

I just have one address since I moved to this wonderful country. The police said that they sent me many letters and all of them returned. Also they said that they went to my house and they did not find me either! They did not find me since November 2003!
What a competence??! Now I need to pay a huge fine + other fines + process costs + probation or go to jail!
Do I have any choice?? I swear that they will have no trouble at all finding my correct address to send me the bill. Oh boy! They really know how to find you in cases like this.

Now I’m a domiciliary prison. That’s right! I cannot go outside Switzerland. This country is so claustrophobic and it is driving me crazy!
Ah, I just remembered other thing? Do you know how I found out that I hat got a fine in Zurich? Because Zurich’s police sent me a letter!! This letter arrived in my only and unique house here in November 2003. Funny, hum???

I’m so piss off with Switzerland and its people. I’m tired of getting looks, as I’m not good as they are.
Oh, please give me a break!! Switzerland is one of the countries in Europe with the lowest rate of people with college degree; they are so politically correct that they don’t care about the origin of the huge amount of money that full their ass out and is kept in the safe deposit box of many Swiss banks; they don’t care about the artworks from Jews people that is hiding in some bank basement since the holocaust.

They just don’t care! They are used to a very old speech that they are above of the good and of the bad. Why they will care anyhow? UN, Human Rights all those institutions have their main offices where? Here, in Switzerland!!! Why here? Neutral country! I do hate neutral positions. I do prefer a position against my thoughts than a neutral one.

Do you know, I’m so tired of the incompetence, ignorance, snobbish, arrogance, stupidly, haughtiness, and presumption of this people! I’m really mad.
3 years ago when I moved to here, I was content and pleased! Really, I was! As everything here is the best, they also did the best job on me. We got here on Sunday, March 3rd. On Monday 4th, we were presented to the Swiss life-style. So, since that I have been exposed to many, many beautiful things.
What happened to me last Thursday was just the last drop on a full glass.

As you can see, I’m having fun here!

♥ Home: An environment offering security and happiness. b. A valued place regarded as a refuge or place of origin.

♪Did you know that all foreign people who live here and have brought a car here, has a car’s license plate with higher numbers than Swiss was-born-here-citizen? I mean, when you look at some car’s license plate you know if the car belongs to a foreign or to a Swiss. For me there is no difference at all from that to what was done to the Jewish in 1933, when their shops were marked with the yellow Star of David.


10 comments:

Dalulla said...

I cannot believe this! Very unfair and unlikely of a modern European community. Strange...

Hang in there Leandra..

EarthCitizen #23 said...

So you have joined me on the ''Wanted''list.. the DMV is not your friend in any country I think. I call them the Department of Motor Viciousness!! They tried/well actually have pulled the fine thing on me,, and I refuse to pay it. So,, I have drove illegal for a LONG TIME,, it will soon catch up with me,, but I don't care,, I hate Nazi's of any shape or form.
The Show your Papers thing is getting bad all over the World,, one of the reason I claim myself a Citizen of the Earth above all Nation States,, they really hate that,,lol. I am going to get a World Passport too,, that will buff them also... Red Tape and too many Departments to deal with,,, useless officials and Laws that just make money for the State... I actually think the Nazi's won the War,, it has just taken people this long to realize that they did it without bombs and guns,, just overtook the beauracracies!!!!!
Sieg Heil to the DMV.
PS: Glad you mentioned this about the Swiss, they are on a dangerous slope,, and not many are aware of this,, your stance on neutrality hits home too... but as you point out.... the BANKS don't Care!!!!
Hang in there, lay low, and hopefully one day we will have a world that is less Nazi like,, but only if people speak out and REFUSE to PARTICIPATE WITH THE FASCISTS!!

Wonderer said...

com esta Leandra?:) Is that right, hope so:)

Anyway, what you wrote is very pathetic. Hang in there ... I know that living away is difficult specially when you have to deal with racial segregation, but what can we say "c'est la vie".

Good luck,

sume said...

OMG Leandra, I had no idea. Is that typical of the way things work? I always pictured Swiss as such progressive people. I guess that just goes to show you that the idiot factor is everywhere. I hope you get things all straightened out. That's just outrageous.

Elisa said...

Leandra, pelo que entendi uma vbela confusão, espero que tudo se resolva logo e bem.

beijos

Anonymous said...

puta que pariu, mas que porra é essa de primeiro mundo, hã?
Mas pelo batido da lata, acho que a porra é astrológica. Give me your birth data again: cidade, dia, mês e ano; horário de nascimento o mais exato possível. Achei um site que dá as posições de graça, só interpreto pelos trânsitos.
Saudades, no todo fico feliz de te rever, possivelmente em janeiro.
Te amo, Cláudia França

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

I know these kinds of things are very frusterating, but I think it's everywhere now.
I got a speeding ticket once, the cop reduced my speed on the ticket so I do not lose a point from my driver's lisence-or so he said-a month later I get a letter in the mail from the dmv saying I've lost three points!!!

Another time a friend of mine and I (share a car, but it's registered in my name) took the car to a mechanic who left the car in the street over night. A week or so later I get a parking ticket in the mail, my friend sends the $15.00 fine a few days late to them by a check with his name on it. So the fine is increased because we paid late. A few months later a sheriff comes to our address and wants to arrest my friend unless we pay him $140.00 and appear in court in a month. So, we paid, and appeared in court...when the judge found out that the car was registered to me and my friend was the one being arrested, you should have heard how he made fun of that stinkin' sheriff! He kept giving the sheriff the dirtiest looks and humphing...he threw the case out and refunded ALL of our money! Just shows what idiots we have running our countries!!!

Aisha said...

Leandra... I'm so sorry to hear this. Your descriptoin sounds harrowing and unfair. I am shocked by what you say about the Swiss. They are touted in the US to be very unbiased and fair. :( I'm so sorry to hear.

Are you there due to work?

Feel better soon!

Living Away said...

Dalulla: thank you for you words! Do you know something; I think my main mission in this world is demystifying the called first world. I’ from Brazil, South America, 3rd world and I have lived in the US before got here and I really can tell you that there is no such thing as 3rd world.

Scott thanks one more time. You are great and your really know how to cheer me up. I can tell you that I do know the DMV mafia and it looks like that it is spread all over the word. I will “hang in there”! I will!!

Wonderer, “eu estou bem, obrigada”. Do you speak Portuguese? Living away from our family, our friends, our culture, our language is though. There are many good things in living abroad, but what happened to me just put me down and it is not easy to get me like this. Thank you very much!

Sume, you are the sweetest. Thank you very much for you support. Well, unfortunately there are many other things about Switzerland that cared me to death because of those pre-concept we carry on.

Foulla, thank you very much! "Heaven in earth", is there such a place?

Elisa. Muito obrigada querida. A confusao ate sera arrumada, mas eu serei sempre a culpada.

Claudinha, I love you too. I’ll arrive in Uberlandia on 29th January and I’ll stay until the last day of carnaval. I do deserve some fun after all

Hajar, as Scott said, the DMV is not your friend in any country and I agree with him. At least you did not pay anything. I’ll pay almost 3000 dollars today! Isn’t it a good Christmas gift hum?

Aisha, my husband is a director of a corporate research here. We were in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA, and when I was getting ready to go back home he was invited to this job here. As an art historian, I just loved to move to Europe. I got accepted as PhD student here in Switzerland and in Barcelona. I chose here and they dumped me. Now, I’m trying new and other alternatives to continue my studies. By the way, it’s not just the USA that thinks about Switzerland as heaven in earth as Foulla has said.

Thank you very much for you caress, your words and your support. Those things mean the world to me.

Anonymous said...

yeah, im sick of the oregon dmv hassles too, so i checked this out oregon dmv